Prepare to teach!
Congratulations on passing the ADI Part 2 exam!
Now, let’s get you ready to pass the final ADI Part 3 exam and become a fully qualified Approved Driving Instructor (ADI).
Your roadmap to becoming a driving instructor
- Study this Part 3 online course:
- First, complete the SKILLS section as this will give you all the basic skills you’ll need to deliver a driving lesson.
- Next, start planning lessons by completing the SUBJECTS section. In this section, you’ll learn how to plan each lesson so you can train a pupil from a complete beginner all the way through to taking their driving test.
- Get on the road for your practical training:
- Now you’re ready to get in-car with your trainer to put everything you’ve learned so far into practice.
- Your trainer will guide you and let you know what you’re doing well at and in which areas you need to develop.
- Gain experience by teaching real learners:
- Once you’ve completed 40 hours of in-car training you’ll be feeling ready to start teaching real learners.
- At this point, you apply for a PDI trainee licence from the DVSA. You’ll then get 6 months to practice and hone your skills in preparation to taking the Part 3 test.
- During this time, you’ll also need to take an additional 20 hours of training. We also recommend getting your trainer to observe some of your lessons.
- Take the Part 3 exam:
- Finally, once you and your trainer feel you’ve reached a suitable standard, it’s time for you to take the Part 3 Test of Instructional Ability. Good luck!
0% Complete 0/14 Steps
0% Complete 0/13 Steps